Singleton’s hate it, loved up couple’s love it, you guessed it, St Valentine’s Day!
I’m not one for going crazy on occasions like this, however, I do think it’s cute to send a little card or make a yummy treat for the one you love!
Today, I have made these adorable heart shaped jammy dodgers, who doesn’t love a jammy dodger?! You just can’t go wrong (unless you burn them of course!!). They take no time at all and can be cut into any shape you desire :). Easiest Valentine’s gift ever? I think so.
Here’s the recipe, remember, you can use any shape or jam you fancy (whatever your loved one likes the most ;)):
Heart Shaped Jammy Dodgers:
Total Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Makes 20 biscuits
55g caster sugar
180g plain flour
- Heat the oven to 180c and line two flat sheet trays with baking parchment.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the flour until a paste has formed and you can make your dough into a ball.
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough until 1cm thick.
- Using your shaped cutter, cut out 20 biscuits. Put 10 of the biscuits on the baking tray and set aside. With the remain 10 biscuits use a smaller shaped cutter to removed the middle section. Put these onto your second baking tray.
- Put both trays into the fridge and allow to chill for 10 minutes or so.
- Once chilled, bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- When ready, leave to cool completely.
- Take one of your full shapes and spread over a generous serving of jam, place a biscuit with the middle cut out on the top to acheive the jammy dodger biscuit.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and repeat process with your remaining biscuits.